The Online EdD in Leadership
The online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Leadership for Organizations from University of Dayton’s School of Education and Health Sciences (SEHS) prepares you to enact positive change from the top-down through service-based leadership.
Designed for professionals who already hold a master’s degree, the online EdD in Leadership for Organizations will help you lead mission-driven organizations to success through the program’s emphasis on research, collaboration, social justice and applied practice.
Prepare to Lead
University of Dayton’s online EdD in Leadership for Organizations is a 60-credit program led by expert SEHS faculty and can be completed in as few as 36 months.
As a student in this immersive online program, you will:
- Learn to lead organizations through service-based and social justice principles.
- Develop a scholarly practice through inquiry, research and hands-on experience that you will put into action from day one.
- Investigate organizational leadership through an in-depth dissertation-in-practice.
- Collaborate with classmates and instructors online and in person during two on-campus immersions, building a strong network of like-minded peers.
Master’s degree is required.
Learn Together — From Anywhere
Our online EdD program re-creates the classroom learning experience using advanced learning technology and an interface that allows you to engage closely with your instructors and peers. As an online EdD student, you will:
- Attend weekly, live-streaming classes featuring HD video and small breakout rooms.
- Access coursework through a mobile-friendly and interactive online classroom.
- Connect with faculty and classmates using social tools in the virtual campus.
- Share screens, collaboratively edit documents and conduct polls and surveys.
- Meet with classmates and professors on campus for two in-person immersions during the program.
Make a Meaningful Difference
Earning an EdD can prepare you with the additional training and education that is in high demand across many sectors. The service-based leadership expertise you will gain will help you spearhead change in 21st-century school and education systems, healthcare organizations, nonprofits, government agencies and more.
Take the Next Step
Earn your EdD online in 36 months; influence change in your organization and community for generations.