How to Become a Principal in Ohio
Prepare for Ohio Principal Licensure
Follow These Steps to Prepare for Your Principal License
- Earn your master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Choose an approved principal preparation program that meets your individual goals.
- Receive a recommendation from the dean or head of education of your principal preparation program.
- Complete the State Board of Education’s Ohio Assessment for Educators licensure exam No. 015.
- Pass a state and federal background check.
- Have two years of successful teaching experience under a standard or professional teaching license (or work experience under a professional pupil services license) for the ages and grade levels for which the principal license is sought.