Tuition and Financial Aid
Students enrolled in the online Master of Science in Educational Leadership (MSE) program are charged tuition on a per-credit basis. The current rate of tuition for the MSE is $1,030 per credit hour.
|Program Track||Number of Credits||Estimated Cost|
|MSE in Educational Leadership||30||$30,9001|
|MSE in Educational Leadership + Principal Licensure||42||$43,2601|
|Principal Licensure Preparation Program||18||$18,5401|
U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for federal financial aid programs, which include federal student loans. We encourage candidates to apply for financial aid as early as possible.
You must be registered for a minimum of three credits in order to qualify for financial aid on a term basis. Students who choose to take a less accelerated path toward completion of the degree should be aware that this will impact federal financial aid eligibility.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
If you plan to apply for financial aid to help fund your online studies at University of Dayton, you will need to complete the following steps.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Include the University of Dayton school code, which is 003127.
- Sign the FAFSA electronically using your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID username and password. If you do not have an FSA ID you can create one on the Federal Student Aid site.
Applying for PLUS Loans
Contact a Financial Aid Counselor to evaluate your need for additional funding through sources such as a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan from the Department of Education or alternative loans from various private lenders.
- Prior to borrowing through the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Program, or any additional private/alternative loan, you may need to review credit reports for potential issues. Contact any of the following credit bureaus for information: Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion.
- To apply for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, complete the credit application PLUS loan request online.
When You Are Admitted
Upon admission to a University of Dayton program and successful completion of the federal requirements, you will receive an email in your University of Dayton email account directing you to Porches, which is our student portal.
- If you are awarded, and accept, a Direct Unsubsidized Loan, complete the Entrance Counseling and electronically sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online.
- Your financial aid award package will reflect all loan eligibility, which may include a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. If you are awarded a Direct PLUS Loan, and choose to accept, you must not have adverse credit history and complete an application and appropriate MPN for this loan. If declined for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you can reapply with a co-signer (endorser) or appeal the denial through the Department of Education.
For more information regarding financial aid, visit the Graduate Financial Aid Page.
If you have any questions about tuition and financial aid at University of Dayton, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our FAQ page.
Take the Next Step
Earn Your Master of Science in Education in Educational Leadership